https://www.uhpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/signature.jpg 630 1500 UHPA /wp-content/uploads/2014/02/wordpressvC270x80.png UHPA2017-01-25 03:00:212018-05-21 15:02:16New Faculty Rights! Your Letter of Hire Enforceable through the Collective Bargaining Agreement
New Faculty Rights! Your Letter of Hire Enforceable through the Collective Bargaining Agreement
On January 24, 2017 UHPA and UH concluded a Memorandum of Understanding on Letters of Hire. This was 16 months in the making and provides that items that are bargainable contained within a letter of hire can be enforced through the grievance procedure, including arbitration.
- All Unit 7 members must receive a written letter of hire.
- Letters of Hire shall contain all terms and conditions of employment offered and accepted by the faculty member. No undocumented promise is enforceable.
- All documents relating to the terms of hire shall be provided and attached to the letter of hire.
- UHPA shall receive all letters of hire and may grieve violations of the collective bargaining agreement.
- UH must consult with UHPA on hiring policies and procedures.
- UHPA and the UH administration will be discussing templates that create clarity and consistency in letters of hire based on the respective campus needs. UH Manoa, due to the number of hires and complexity of issues, will be reviewed first.
- As faculty members are engaged in hiring committees the collective bargaining agreement and the MOU on Letters of Hire should be given to potential new employees.