- Name, campus/constituency, email address and office number listed for each director (alphabetically sorted by name).
- UHPA office address, phone & fax number, website & email address, office hours and map location of UHPA office.
- UHPA (Active) vs Agency Fee
Join UHPA nowFaculty members, teaching 1/2 time or more, are included by state law in Bargaining Unit 07 (BU07). UHPA is the exclusive representative of BU07. Membership in UHPA is by choice and applying for union membership is fast and easy. All information submitted will be kept in strictest confidence at UHPA and we will not share your personal and/or private information with any other organization.
- IN THE BEGINNING In 1970, the State Legislature passed Act 171 (H.R.S. Chapter 89) that allowed public employees to form unions and gain exclusive representation rights to 13 separate bargaining units. The distribution of public employees into the 13 units was done by law, rather than through unit determination hearings to determine a “commonality of [...]
- The UHPA Board of Directors adopted the Policy on Representing Faculty Members on June 30, 2018 due to the June 27th decision regarding the U. S. Supreme Court case, Janus v. AFSCME [586 A.S. (2018)]. This Supreme Court decision, applicable only to government employees represented by unions, states that non-members are not subject to mandatory [...]
- Name, title, email address and contact number listed for UHPA staff & consultant.
- The UHPA has been the exclusive bargaining agent for all faculty members of the University System since November 1, 1974. The UH System is governed by one Board of Regents and includes six Community Colleges, UH-Hilo, UH-Manoa, UH-Maui College and UH-West Oahu.