Effective January 1, 2012, the HMSA and Kaiser will be providing the Employer-Union Health Benefits Trust Fund (EUTF) medical plans and the Royal State National Insurance Company the life insurance plan. The HMA and Standard Life Insurance will no longer be EUTF service providers. For your information:
1. The life insurance beneficiary designation information will transfer from Standard Life Insurance to Royal State National Insurance Co.
2. The MEDEX Travel Assist will no longer be offered as part of the life insurance plan.
3. The InformedRX will continue to be the prescription drug carrier until the EUTF announces the change to CVS Caremark. There will be no change in rates and no lapse in coverage when the EUTF transitions from informedRx to CVS Caremark. More information is forthcoming.
4. There will be no change to the dental and vision plans.
5. The health care coverage will be effective for a period of 18 months, January 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013.
In addition, starting January 1, 2012, employees will be able to cover their civil union partner and eligible civil union partner’s dependents under the medical, prescription drug, dental, vision and chiropractic plans. The EUTF has prepared a memo detailing the procedures to add a civil union partner and eligible civil union partner’s dependents to the plan: http://www.hawaii.edu/ohr/downtemp/Adding%20Civil%20Union%20Partners%20memo.pdf. The updated forms will be available on the EUTF website shortly.
Human Resources Specialist
University of Hawai’i
Office of Human Resources
Phone: (808) 956-8607
Fax: (808) 956-3952