/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/wordpressvC270x80.png 0 0 UHPA /wp-content/uploads/2014/02/wordpressvC270x80.png UHPA2014-04-25 09:08:002014-07-29 19:29:30Ideascale: A New Forum That Promotes Open Discussion for UH Faculty
Ideascale: A New Forum That Promotes Open Discussion for UH Faculty
UHPA uses Ideascale, an online program, to allow faculty to post their ideas or suggestions to make UH a better place to teach, research and serve the community. It officially launched in the fall 2012 to coincide with the Faculty Thought Leadership Series, and has been actively used since then. UHPA’s Ideascale site is available and accessible to the public as well.
Here’s how it works:
- A faculty member posts a thought or suggestion on the Ideascale site (uhpa.ideascale.com)
- Other faculty members vote on the suggestion by either agreeing or disagreeing. You may also leave a comment as well.
- The suggestions with the most “agrees” rise to the top of the list.
Here are some suggestions that currently hover at the top:
- Take control of our profession! It’s time we take this quote to heart: “The university is of the faculty, for the students, by the administration” – Al Simone
- Come up with a way to quantify Administration performance. While we measure the data related to education, the performance of the campus is measured by money raised. We need a better way to measure the quality of the university that is in alignment with educational goals.
- We need a student-centered president…That is familiar with teaching
- Faculty have to hold the administration accountable. When administration fails to live up to its promises, faculty needs to hold them accountable.
Be sure to review the Ideascale site on a regular basis to post your comments or vote on yours. Visit http://uhpa.ideascale.com/