Considerations When Selecting Your Health Plan
Perhaps your current health plan no longer meets your needs or has become too expensive for you and your family? Open Enrollment is your one opportunity to make the necessary changes to what best meets your needs today. The EUTF Open Enrollment period is from April 3rd through April 28, 2017. Any changes you make will be effective July 1, 2017.
There will be an opportunity to learn more about the the different plan options at Open Enrollment sessions at various locations throughout the State during April. Download the complete EUTF PDF content including dates, locations, and options.
In preparation for the upcoming Open Enrollment, here are some common questions and answers to help you make the best decision for you and your family.
Questions addressed in the members-only article (links below):
- The current UHPA Contract expires on June 30, 2017. How do we know what the premium contributions will be effective July 1, 2017 when we have not yet come to a Contract settlement?
- When will the new employee premium deductions start?
- What were the rate increases or decreases for the health plans from 2016 to 2017?
- It seems unusual that there is an increase for all medical plans, except the HMSA 75/25 Plan, which experienced an unusually large decrease. Why was there such a large rate decrease for the HMSA 75/25 plan?
- There is a tremendous difference in the premium contributions between the HMSA 80/20 Plan and the HMSA 75/25 Plan. What should I know about the plans before making a decision to switch?
- Whatʻs the best way to determine which plan best fits my needs?
UHPA is transitioning member-only content to Google Docs. If you cannot immediately access this article click here for the 3 step process to access UHPA member-only content.