Grievance Procedures – Link to Article XXIV of the contract
- Read the source contract content from which most, if not all, grievance procedures originate.
- Having the proper ammunition to build a strong grievance case can make all the difference in the outcome in your case. Based on recent arbitration cases in which UHPA and faculty members prevailed, the following are components that are critical in advancing your case, particularly with the current UH administration. This content is made available [...]
- ...it can be said that a grievance is a formal complaint against the University Administration (not another member of the faculty, or other individual personally) which alleges an adverse effect upon the grievant by an interpretation or application of a term or condition of the collective bargaining agreement (contract)
- A chart and analysis identify the options for defining the employment related problem and possible strategies for securing appropriate remedies.
- Step by step through the grievance procedure.
- Access the Step 1 Grievance form PDF
- Download this Step 2 Grievance Form PDF