https://www.uhpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/UHPAvert-e1512782504556.jpg 674 1000 UHPA /wp-content/uploads/2014/02/wordpressvC270x80.png UHPA2019-07-14 07:50:552019-07-29 11:14:14Responsibilities and Qualifications of the UHPA Executive Director
Board Governance. Leads the UHPA staff and Board of Directors in running the Organization.
- Works with the Board to fulfill UHPA’s Mission.
- Communicates with the Board in a timely and accurate manner to enable the Board to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability. Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the Organization.
- Ensures the fiscal integrity of UHPA including submissions of proposed annual budgets and other financial statements, which accurately reflect the ongoing financial status of the Organization.
- Supports the development of member recruitment and outreach to align with UHPA’s Mission.
Organization Mission and Strategy. Works with the staff and Board to ensure that the Mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and member and community outreach.
- Implements UHPA’s programs that carry out the Organization’s Mission.
- Develops strategic plans in consultation with the Board to ensure that UHPA can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Enhances UHPA’s image and standing through active outreach and engagement within the community and working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Serves as UHPA’s primary spokesperson to the Organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
Oversees marketing and other communications efforts.
Organization Operations. Oversees resources and implements plans to ensure that the operations of the Organization are appropriate.
- Effectively administers daily office operations.
- Hires and retains capable and qualified staff.
- Signs all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the Organization.
- Oversees the collective bargaining process, contract enforcement, and service to members.
- Responds to member inquiries and recommends appropriate actions or assigns issues to appropriate staff.
- Transparent, empathetic, assertive, and ethical leadership
- Five or more years of nonprofit management experience
- Three or more years engaged in union advocacy
- Track record of successful negotiation
- Evidence of adaptable and nimble management style
- Hands-on budget management skills, including budget analysis, decision-making, and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of UHPA’s strategic future to staff, Board, and Union members
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate Board members and other Union members
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of ability to interface and engage diverse member groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Knowledge of and prior positive/constructive relationships with local unions, policy makers, and UH administration.
- In depth knowledge and experience in past and current UHPA-UH Agreements.
- Knowledge and expertise in higher education unions, including implications locally and nationally.