The Employer-Union Health Benefits Trust Fund (EUTF) Board of Trustees approved on 11/27/18 and 12/18/18 the new EUTF Health Benefit Premium Rates for active employees effective July 1, 2019. Exhibit I breaks out the HMSA medical and CVS prescription drug rates and also shows a comparison of the July 1, 2018 and 2019 rates. The monthly employee contributions are not provided at this time.
|COMMITTEE ON HIGHER EDUCATION|
|Senator Donna Mercado Kim, Chair|
|Senator Michelle N. Kidani, Vice Chair
|COMMITTEE ON WAYS AND MEANS|
|Senator Donovan M. Dela Cruz, Chair|
|Senator Gilbert S.C. Keith-Agaran, Vice Chair|
NOTICE OF INFORMATIONAL BRIEFING
|DATE:||Wednesday, December 19, 2018|
|PLACE:||Conference Room 211
415 South Beretania Street
A G E N D A
The purpose of this informational briefing is to receive an update on the University of Hawai’i system. Topics to be discussed will include, but are not limited to the following:
- An overview of the university’s finances, including its base budget
- Alternative budgetary models that the university has looked into and considered
- Carrying capacity in relation to buildings and facilities and its effect on the university’s budget
- Teaching capacity of tenured faculty
- Cost reduction and revenue enhancement opportunities
- Administrative positions and determining the appropriate ratio of administrative officials to student/faculty
- Student tuition and enrollment
- Update on the Hawai’i Promise Program
No public testimony will be accepted.
UHPA Members can access tenure and promotion data that includes 2016-2018 academic years. Members can access both graphs and the tables producing those graphs published within a Google sheet.
UHPA Executive Director Kristeen Hanselman said, “Each year UHPA gathers information on faculty success in obtaining tenure, increased compensation with promotion, and completion of probationary periods thru contract renewal. These indicate that UH continues to replenish some tenured faculty positions and faculty members are successful in their career path. ”