UHPA Sponsors Informational Financial Planning Seminars for Members
UHPA is sponsoring informational financial planning seminars as a service to UHPA members only. Whether you are newly hired or a long time faculty member there is information that can assist you in making decisions on employee benefits, budgeting and take home pay, housing and retirement with the challenges that come with living in an island state. Every campus will have access to this program either in October or November. If you are unable to attend the session on your campus, you are welcome to attend a session on another campus.
The seminars are two hours and you can come to both or the hour that interests you most.
• The first hour will deal with general concerns, but not limited to the Employee Retirement System (ERS); Island Savings, 403(b) Accounts; Family/Sick Leave and the Employer-Union Trust Fund (EUTF).
• The second hour is designed for our newer and younger faculty and will deal with budgeting, housing, keiki education, and managing benefits and their costs.
Robert Borek, a financial consultant with LPL Financial, has been commissioned by UHPA to provide this seminar and appropriate materials for your use. There is no cost to UHPA members.
There is no registration or sign up.
- October 24th – UH Manoa (Campus Ctr 307) from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- October 25th – Leeward CC (GT 105) from 10:00 am to 12 noon
- October 26th – Kauai CC (Tech 114) from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- October 31st – Kapiolani CC (Ohia 118) from 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- November 1st – West Oahu (Library Room 217) from 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- November 5th – Windward CC (Akoakoa 105) from 12 noon to 2:00 pm
- November 7th – UH-Hilo (UCB 127) from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 pm
- November 7th – Hawaii CC (Cafeteria) from 2:00 to 4:00 pm
- November 8th – UH Manoa (Campus Center 307) from 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- November 9th – Maui College (Laulima 225) from 10:00 am to 12 noon
- November 13th – Honolulu CC (Bldg 4, Room 23B) from 10:00 am to 12 noon